New Smyrna Beach, FL – On September 3, 2016, Florida Surf Film Festival will screen a double feature, along with several short films.
Doors open at 6PM, and movies start at 7PM with:
- Com Amor, Yago– a new short film from Brazilian Gabriel Novis featuring Yago Dora,
- Journey to the Center– a travelogue documenting Kepa Acero and Dane Gadauskas as they find rich culture and great waves in Africa’s Gabon,
- Our first feature Dream Steeple – from the subconcious of Eddie Obrand, comes a euphoric trip full of scintillating surfing…and of course New Smyrna’s own Eric Geiselmen .
Next up at 9PM, we’ll head far south with
- Mares del Sur – a new film from Cripta Imagen following the journey of a 120km walk through southern Chile on the first surf expedition into the wilderness of Golfo de Penas,
- The Man and the Sea – Andrew Kaineder’s brief look at the otherworldly finless talent of Derek Hynd sliding around at J-bay on his friction free craft, and
- Wrapping up the evening will be our second feature, The Zone – Jack Coleman’s underappreciated cast of trippers will have you remembering how much fun we’re all supposed to be having—come get in the zone!
This is our third installment of films for the 2016 festival year, and all films are entered for competition for the 2016 festival, which will be held on November 18th and 19th.
Here’s the trailer for The Zone:
Here’s the trailer for Dream Steeple: